Pages

Friday 27 March 2009

Bold Brights!

I still seem to be in the mood for bright colours. I was playing around with Petal Pizzazz, a set from the new Mini Catalogue, and just gravitated towards the brights for these flowers. So I'd stamped the flowers in Real Red and Only Orange, and the leaves in Green Galore, but then I was stuck on where to go from there. The easiest thing was to stay in the colour family and really "zing" it all up, so I picked Tempting Turquoise for the background and more orange for the sentiment and mat. Unless you're scared to look now, here's the colourful result:


Images Copyright 1990-2009 Stampin’ Up! ®
Stamp Sets: Petal Pizzazz, Live your Dream
Colours: Real Red, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow
Other: circle nestabilities dies, Swiss Dots CB embossing folder

I don't know if you can see, but I did some rockin' and rollin' on the smaller flower (so proud of myself ;-)): I first inked the stamp in Only Orange and then I rolled the outer edge of the stamp on the Real Red inkpad, and got a very nice graduated effect (just like in the catalogue, lol!). Overall, I'm really rather pleased with this bright creation :) Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment