Pages

Monday 23 March 2009

Big Sister Card

My friend's niece is soon to be a big sister, so I was asked to make a card for her - here it is:


I used "Ballet Maggie" by Sugar Nellie, because she's cute and the way she sticks her arms up always makes me think she's saying "look how big I am". But that might just be me... I coloured her with water colour pencils as usual and cut and matted the image with nesties. The pink and blue cardstock are from the Paper Mill Shop, the green (embossed with Swiss Dots CB folder) is SU! Gable Green. The name was stamped with MM magnetic letter stamps. Can't remember now what the make of the patterned paper is, sorry. The inside was then decorated to match:

It's been over a week again since I've last blogged, this last week has been pretty busy! Mondays and Tuesdays are always filled with the girls' activities, Wednesday we had a lovely visit with friends from the States, their 4-year-old boy and their newly adopted baby girl (15 mths). We hadn't seen them for two years, so it was great to catch up and hear all about their new addition to the family. My girls were absolutely smitten with her :) Thursday we went to see eldest daughter at school in her World War II play/musical - what a treat! It was very well done, the children performed well beyond their years for the most part, and we thoroughly enjoyed it! There was lots of singing and dancing and a wee narrative to tie it all together. Tears were running quite freely at times, it got quite emotional :) Eldest daughter was on a complete high afterwards, saying this had been the best day ever, and she wanted to do the show again and again! This from the girl who's never been keen on performing or putting herself forward! Saturday was spent visiting again, and yesterday, I got spoilt with Mother's Day treats and a cuppa in bed, before we went to hubby's parents to give his mum her treats (her card is here). My girls were quite excited about Mother's Day and had all made cards and little treats for me and were very keen to hand them over - it was pretty amazing that I actually got the lie-in they had promised me! Good times :)

This week promises to be a little calmer, and I'm hoping to get some more crafting and blogging done. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Anne, I am sure the big sister will love it, Maggie is always a great choice and the colours are so pretty!
    I was hoping for a quieter week too but it is looking even worse than last week, the last week of term is always so mad!
    Have a great day, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete