Pages

Saturday 13 October 2007

Monarch of the Glen and Everything Pink

Took some time out to craft this morning while the kids were messing up the playroom and the living room - I think it's called "playing", but how do they do it? I mean, those two rooms looked as if bombs had dropped, the carpet was barely visible! But they had fun, and I got to make cards, so that can only be good!
First of all, here's my card for the latest DCM challenge, entitled "Where the Wild Things Are".


Boy, did I struggle! I drew a complete blank at first: I don't have any animal print papers, animal dies or animal stamps! Don't know why, but I just don't. So that made the challenge a lot harder... Then I suddenly remembered photos my husband had taken during our spring holiday in the north of Scotland: we'd been lucky enough to see this stag right by the road side, and there was a passing place just shortly after, so hubby got out and snapped away for the best part of half an hour. Well, stags are wild animals, so this should qualify for the challenge. I used some Costco paper for the background, brown velvet ribbon, a couple of prima flowers, and QK die cut greeting. Quite a simple card, but the photo needs to take centre stage, I think.
I also made a couple of cards using Di Hickman's latest sketch. These were fun to make, it's a sketch I'll probably be using a lot.

First, another Christmas card using my Dovecraft papers, Sizzix tree and circles, Cuttlebug embossing, some sheer PM ribbon and some bling.

And secondly, a birthday card, using more of those Costco papers I've had for ages, a large punched flower, some prima flowers, assorted buttons, John Lewis ricrac and QK greeting - simple, but fresh.

Had fun today :) Now it's time to get the children in, hose them off and give them their dinner. See you later, thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

  1. great cards, I love your Di hickman sketch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photo and I love the way you put the card together. Great teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy!!! lovely cards!!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card for the DCM challenge is super - such a great photo of the stag. Love the other cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classy cards and very pink ,i love them ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Animal card for the DCM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, the photo of the stag is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card with the sketch! Never seen those papers by Dovecraft must look out for them they look great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great cards - my hubbie would love the image on the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh now we've not had a stag yet, have we? Lovely card Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you have been busy, Love the DCM card! The other two are gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a lot of beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful cards, love the xmas card particularly, great take on the sketch and love the colours used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards. Love your choice for the animal dare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right - letting the photo take centre stage was a great move. Fabulous photo and it made a great card. Love your takes on the Di Hickman sketch too, very fresh and funky-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great cards ~ love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards!! And that photo is fab :) Really like using photos on cards :)

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea to use a photo! I love it, and your Di Hickman cards are really brilliant too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab cards, love the stag photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card and a challenge well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi again Anne! Thanks so much for your lovely message - I really appreciate it! Best wishes, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful ! All your cards are wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed all your creations ! I have given an award to you, please check my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've been busy, love your dare card. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete