Pages

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Midweek Post turned into Weekend Post

Well, I thought I was going to manage two posts a week, but since I didn't have my pictures ready, posting has been delayed. Anyway, here is a picture of a card I just made for fun on Tuesday, regardless of the fact that I still had to make 2 more teacher cards and a birthday card... I kinda always do things last minute, so this is in no way unusual. For this card, I chose colours I don't normally go for apart from Christmas time, so I was ever so slightly outside my comfort zone. I coloured the tag with brown and ochre chalk and then edged it with black ink, same with the little message panel. The whole card got edged in black as well, as did the scalloped edge of the gingham border. I scalloped the gingham with my corner rounder punch, following the instructions on Andrea Gourley's blog - I'd always wondered how she did these pretty scalloped edges! And then I embellished the tag with some green gingham ribbon, a couple of flowers and some buttons from my huge supply which I recently ordered from ebay. I shouldn't be wanting for buttons again for a very long time!



Then on Thursday, I made the teacher card below, times two, since I was running out of time (still got the birthday card to make...). Again, I've gone back to gingham, which used to be a firm favourite with me for a long time, and I've used some punched apples. Stamped the message, matted the (inked) panel and presto!

Birthday card will probably have to wait till tomorrow now since I'm getting ready for middle daughter to go to Germany first thing tomorrow morning, with my mum. And I mean "first thing" - we're leaving here at 3.30am for a 6.55am flight!!! I wish there hadn't been bomb alerts in London and a car driving into Glasgow Airport today, it's all a bit worrying. Seems to happen all the time: last year we flew to Germany the day after plans to attack airplanes had been uncovered. Our hand luggage consisted of one see-thru plastic bag with the bare essentials in it, and there was a really eerie feeling about the airport. Everyone was worried, some people said we shouldn't go, but it all turned out fine. Now we're back to worrying again. I wish it would stop.

PS: I apologise for the motley assortment of backgrounds to my cards. I will try and be more consistent in my choice. I wish I could take my piccies outside, but the Scottish summer has been less than kind so far and rain is pretty much a daily occurence...

No comments:

Post a Comment