Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Checking in...

...to say "hi" :)  Boy, it's been a long time since I last posted!  And I haven't really got much to show either, my crafting has very much taken a back seat to life over the last couple of month.  At the end of May, my grandmother passed away (she was 98!!) and I took a quick trip to Germany for the funeral.  June was busy with end of school year activities for the girls and getting ready for our summer holidays.  And now we're back from hols, I'm catching up on all the washing and housework, the girls are home, in and out of the house constantly with their friends, we've had two sleepovers in the past week, and all I've managed is a tiny little bit of crochet.  My craft table is a disaster area which I'm just passing at the moment, trying not to look, there is a whole pile of new stamp sets on it and I have no idea when I'm going to have a spare half hour or so to try and play with them.  Yes, I've got withdrawal symptoms!!! ;-)

Anyhoo, I went through my camera card today and organised my photos a little, and I came across a card and a layout that I haven't shared yet.


The card was made for eldest daughter's friends birthday and coordinated very nicely with a couple of the little gifts we chose.  I love how the colours pop against the black background, nice and bright and summery :)



And this layout is of middle daughter, photo taken by my mum when we were visiting in February.  Doesn't she look sweet?  Oh, how looks can be deceiving! ;-)  Not sure this is my "normal" layout style, but I like it.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from our summer hols:

 The Old Man of Storr, Isle of Skye

 Elgol, Isle of Skye

 Fairy Glen, Isle of Skye

 Schiehallion, Perthshire - that mountain caused us a lot of pain!  Hard work climbing up, just as hard going back down, legs sore for days!!!

My favourite view from the holiday cottage in Glen Quaich

Thanks for stopping by, hope to be back soon, hope you're enjoying your summer!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Anne!
    So sorry to hear about your Grandmother, hold your treasured memories close to your heart!

    Beautiful photo's that you've shared it looks so serene......

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. School holidays can be crazy!
    Glad you had a lovely holiday, the photos are just beautiful!
    love the card and layout!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete