Pages

Saturday 11 December 2010

Something Bright

I promised a non-Christmassy post, and here it is!  I'm not sure how well the colours are going to come out on screen, but they are certainly very bright and cheerful in real life!!

First up, I have FINALLY finished the crochet cushion cover for my daughter that I started (coughing nervously in embarrassment...) about a year and a half ago.  It did go missing for a while, which is an excuse, but again, slightly embarrassing...  Anyway, here it is:


I'm very pleased with the way it turned out in the end, and it sat there quite comfortably on our sofa, so I'm contemplating making something similar for the living room, only in more muted colours.  Most importantly, eldest daughter likes it and has given it pride of place in her bed :)

Secondly, a card:


A friend celebrated her 40th birthday last week and I was entrusted with making her card.  I looked out my wintery My Mind's Eye papers - and then ended up using only the bright shades :)  However, with all the snow lately, some sunny colours will not have gone wrong.  Unfortunately, I ended up being unable to go to her party, so I'm really just hoping my friend agreed with me ;-)

Well, the big thaw is still on, in theory at least - I was pretty much dancing on ice when I took the dog out for a walk earlier!  The main roads are clear though, just need some gritters out now in the residential areas and on the foot paths.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend and staying warm - thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment