Pages

Sunday 22 August 2010

I'm back!


The summer holidays are over, the girls have been back at school for 3 days last week, and slowly, things are getting back to normal.  It's a slightly different kind of normal, since eldest daughter started high school and has to get used to so many new things: getting up earlier, lots of new subjects, new teachers, new classmates and apparently, lots of tall people everywhere she goes! :)  The other two are pretty much settling straight back in to their normal routines, which is nice.  And I've suddenly got lots of quiet time at home, but of course, there's still a puppy to entertain, and then there's all that housework to tackle that somehow fell by the wayside over the summer (read that to mean: major declutter needed in more than one room!).

I have a few cards to share that I've made over the summer, starting with middle daughter's birthday card.  She really enjoys strawberries, so here was an obvious choice for a theme :)


The strawberry paper is by Doodlebug, the stamps are from Papertrey Ink, and the inks are Stampin' Up!

Next is a birthday card for youngest daughter's friend:


Love this Magnolia stamp and used some Basic Grey papers which I just had to have, even though I'm really trying not to buy any more papers...

Next up, a card for my MIL's birthday:


I used some My Mind's Eye papers that came free with a magazine, Papertrey Ink stamps and Stampin' Up! inks again.

And lastly, sadly, a sympathy card.  Don't like making those.


Well, I hope you liked this wee selection, including the photo right at the beginning, which shows the view from our holiday cottage in Glen Quaich, Perthshire.  Aaah, it was beautiful, and I didn't want to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment