Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Back, briefly...

My goodness, it's been a month since my last post, and even longer since I blogged about something crafty! That's summer holidays for you - the busiest time of year :)
Got a few things to show you now though, and I think I'm going to enter the first two cards in the latest challenge at Cute Card Thursday, which is asking for bright colours.

Number one is definitely cute, but the colours could be a little brighter:


The image is Penny Black, I had it (water) coloured for a while and then managed to get ink on the paper in really awkward place. So I trimmed it quite closely and inked round the edges -smudge hidden! Papers are Costco and DCWV, sentiment is Studio G, cut and layered with Nestabilities. Ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis.

Number two is definitely bright, but Bella is maybe not quite cute enough...


Anyway, this is an image Nicola sent me, it's been watercoloured, inked round the edges with chalk ink and mounted on a background of Junkitz patterned paper and embossed orange cardstock. Ribbon is from stash, flowers out of a pack from Michael's, and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, "Circle of Friendship" stamps.
Bye for now, got to go pick kiddies up from school. I'm hoping to be back with another post tonight, might even have some holiday piccies to show you :)

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Anne, your cards are wonderful, I love the papers and images you have used. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous cards Anne, love the gorgeous colours and sweet images! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

    My SU arrived today, thanks so much, have used the punch already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cards love the images you have used. great work
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zwei sehr schöne Karten!
    Die erste Karte ist total süß !
    Gefällt mir sehr..

    ReplyDelete