Pages

Saturday 9 February 2008

Daring Cardmakers Sketch

This week, the Daring Cardmakers challenged us with a sketch, and a very nice sketch it was, too! I ended up making two cards again: first, a birthday card for my brother-in-law, and second, a pink concoction, just because. I had fun with both of them :)


Supplies used: white and brown card stock, pale blue paper from BG figgy pudding stack, PM swirly foam stamp and brown ink, Sizzix die-cut stars, unknown dark blue patterned paper, some corrugated card and a Dymo-printed greeting. All edges were inked in brown for good measure.

On the second card, I turned the sketch 90 degrees:


Supplies used: pink paper embossed with Cuttlebug folder, Doodlebug patterned paper striped inked in pink, Prima flowers and assorted brads, Bazzill bling flower and ribbon from Ribbon Oasis. Greeting is stamped with MM magnetic stamps (which will feature more and more often on my cards now, until we've got ourselves a new printer - the old one is on its last legs and will not deliver clear colour printouts, despite cleaning printheads etc.)

It seems the weather is pretending that it's getting better - we've had a couple of lovely, mild days with lots of sunshine, and it's lulling me into a false sense of security that spring is actually on its way. It did feel nice, though, and it just made me feel happier somehow, seeing blue skies and sunshine. Regular soakings on the way to and from school just aren't conducive to a happy, joyful state of mind... On this note, I hope that you will all have a lovely, sunny Sunday, and thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Wow wie ist die schööön. Die Blume ist ein echter Hingucker. Klasse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cards Anne!!! and two even better :) love the way you flipped 2nd sketch!! I was laughing when I read your comment on my card, cause I was thinkin that myself about the wild west {lol} x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love the Dymo printing on the first one, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the flower one, the layout the big flower its very girly and pretty
    christal
    http://craftymumof1-gettingstarted.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Anne! You've got the sun, now we've got the long needed rain at last!
    Judy NZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love the corrugated card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fab cards, I especally like the first one :0).

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both stunning, but I especially love that pale blue and brown color scheme. I need to use that combo more often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow both cards are gorgeous, great colour ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Anne, I love your masculine card, they are so hard to do but you did a fab job with it. This looks like a great sketch I haven't had time to look at it yet but might have to try to squeeze it in. I am going to be catching up all week I think after a few days away!

    Today looks like being lovely too, hope you are enjoying the hols too. I am hoping to get in the garden for a tidy up this afternoon while the sun is out! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great cards, love the embossing and the big flower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are lovely, I like the corrugated card strip on the first one, and the design of both really fits the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 lovely cards Anne ,love them both ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards! Really love your colour combinations and the texture in both cards work SO well. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great! Love the way you turned the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. zwei sehr schöne karten! die mit den sternen gefällt mir speziell gut!

    ReplyDelete