Pages

Friday 7 September 2007

Tearing Purple Holes for Christmas

Wow, it's Friday again, somehow the weeks seem to be flying in! Friday has always been my favourite day, because I'm a very lucky girl: most Fridays, my 3 darling daughters go to visit my lovely in-laws! For the whole afternoon!!! I am so grateful! Dedicated me-time, which I used to spend shopping, watching telly, lazing about, but for some time now it's become craft time. And now it's craft time with a purpose, because there's a challenge to take part in. And without further ado, here's my effort for today's challenge by the DCM.


We were asked to make a Christmas card using the colour purple, some torn paper and a hole. Quite a combination, but I had fun playing with some new paper and dies. So the card blank is purple, and there is some purple in the pp. PP itself is Dovecraft and has a torn edge, and the holes are punched snowflakes along the bottom edge, which in real life are nicely set off by the white insert. Apologies for the poor photograph: methinks I need to practise a little more, and I need to find the right place to take my piccies in. The light just never seems to be right when I try to take photos of my cards.
Well, so much for now, I might be back later, as I've still got a birthday card to make. If I'm not, I'll be enjoying a glass of wine with friends. Aaaahhh, the life!

14 comments:

  1. oooh that background paper works so well with the purple card and the little trees. Lovely stuff, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card, I love fridays too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think we all love Fridays ;).

    Great card Anne, the cuttlebug trees are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the funky trees,the card looks fab ,Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby card, that paper is gorgeous with the purple.

    My favourite day will soon be Monday as starting from 15th October I won't be working Mondays (or Tuesdays) again until next year!!!
    I work in Jetski Insurance & can only take holiday in the quiet period Sept - Mar..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! it looks very classy!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, I love the paper that you have used really lovely. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet little card. I love the funky trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background paper behind the trees and your silver fibres wrapped around. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Anne - I know what you mean about finding the right light for photies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card, love the snowflake punches

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - love it! and I used the same paper! LOL

    ReplyDelete