Pages

Friday 14 September 2007

In a Word

Well, I must be feeling sunny today :) I thought about making another Christmas card for the latest DCM challenge, but suddenly felt in the mood for something warm, sunny and friendly. Hence my orange creation below:


The challenge was to use a word as the main focal point of the card, and I like that idea. I've made many a card with "Mum" or "Dad" on it, or names, so today, I tried to steer clear of that and try something different. I'm also trying to mix patterned papers more - some people just have a knack for that and no matter what they throw together, it looks good. Me, not so much... I'm sticking with coordinating papers right now from stacks or pads, and that's fine, I'm pretty happy with the results. Whether I will ever graduate to mixing and matching papers that weren't designed to go together, I don't know. I have to say though, doing these challenges for the last few weeks has already pushed me beyond what I "normally" do, and I'm trying just that little bit harder to be more creative and try something new. So thank you, Daring Cardmakers, and Beate, too!

23 comments:

  1. Hello Anne - I do like the colours. We always need some sunshine in our lives. I'm with you on mixing patterns and colours. I tend to be a plain and simple kind of person and it's hard to jump out of that box. Have also found the challenges of DCM have helped.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Ann, it made me smile as soon as I saw it, brilliant! Thanks for sharing, Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely bright card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny as well as smiley - love this Ann, it's really cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - it really did make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sunny card, it make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know exactly what you mean about the challenges - your card is lovely and really cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sunny card, lovely card, hope that you are sunny too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sunny card! I understand how you feel about mixing colours..it took me a long time to understand colour when I started designing. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, this is beautiful so bright and cheery and does make you want to smile, well done !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great cheerful card, fab colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! how lovely and bright and summery it feels!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sunny card, colours are great together. I was chatting the other day about how DCM has improved my cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so bright and funky! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely sunny card. Gorgeous.
    Vanessa:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the orange and yellow, and your "smile" great card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous - it is bright and sunny and just so so happy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card & beautiful colors !

    Nanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anne this is really very beautiful!!! well done the colours are scrummy and I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, this is so bright and sunny and enough to make anyone smile.

    ReplyDelete