Pages

Monday 19 May 2008

DCM Animalia

Made a card for the latest Daring Cardmakers challenge entitled "Animalia", and I've based it on the latest sketch over at My Paper World.


The horse is a Magnolia stamp, and I had it all coloured in for quite a while, so when this animal challenge came along, it was the obvious thing to use. I've also used a SU! stamp for the sentiment, layered on a scalloped circle, a couple of buttons from stash, a MM clip, and brown spotty background paper from Dovecraft. The layout follows sketch #10 at My Paper World. Had fun making this, I really like this horse, it looks so friendly :)

My girls are off school again today - seems like they're never there! Met some friends up at the local country park, had a picnic and the kids all played. It stayed dry, but it was pretty chilly actually, and we ended up cutting our visit short. Two country parks in two days - we had a family trip to another one just outside Edinburgh yesterday, where hubby took photos of the beautiful bluebells, and the girls and I zoomed down the long, long slides (the higher one is at least three storeys tall!) - great fun!!! Have a good day, everyone, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Love the horse...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab colouring! I have that stamp too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, you have coloured the horse perfectly and I love the little hints of pink you have added

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, I love this stamp and you've coloured hom beautifully :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Anne! Your colouring is stunning! I love the horse image!
    Thanks so much for using the sketch!
    I will link up to your card in my new post tommorow.
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job colouring in the horse stamp..it looks really realistic. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card an really lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card - the horse is lovely. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, the horse looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and your coloring is fab! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love that horse

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely! You're colouring is fab too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Anne, you coloured him beautifully and I love the layout! Hope you are having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete