Pages

Saturday 26 January 2008

Foiled and Blue

Well, it seems I can only make several cards in one go right now, and then none at all for the rest of the week... My excuse this week is that I have been practising with my new stamps, so that I didn't have any time left for actual card-making... However, I have now made two cards for the latest DCM challenge that sent us to the kitchen for tin foil, but I'm not overly excited by either of them. On the first one, I cut a strip of tin foil and then kind of scrunched and rolled it into this thick, wirey sort of string. I bent it into a heart shape and made a topper for a Valentine's card. Paper from Costco stack, ricrac from John Lewis, sentiment stamped with MM magnetic letter stamps.



On the second one, I followed a layout I'd seen in a magazine ages ago and have been wanting to try out. I die cut the watering can (Sizzix) and the flower pot (QK) from card and then covered with tin foil. Flowers are Prima and they have gem centres stuck on with glitter glue.

And then here are my first cards made with Magnolia stamps - fanfare, please! :) I have to say, now that I've got the right materials and I have been trying a bit harder, stamping is not quite so scary anymore. It was high time I gave it a proper go and stretched myself a little bit, so thank you to all of you out there who shared their lovely Tilda cards on their blogs and inspired me to give them a try :)

The first one is for the "Violets are Blue" challenge at Papertake Weekly, and for this I used blue papers from a Sizzix pad, a punched flower with a PM brad, more brads in the corners and, of course, Tilda, coloured with water colour pencils and cut out.



The second one was coloured in with brush markers and a blender pen, papers are again from a Sizzix pad, the big flower and brad are PM, the orange flower is from Sarah's Cards. I had fun doing these cards, and there will be more - after all, I did treat myself to two more Tildas and also to three Sugar Nellie stamps...

Had a fun Saturday today! Some PSA parents had organised a fundraiser for the school which involved a number of parents, pupils and teachers tackling the Aerial Assault Course at the local climbing centre. Now, I don't really have a head for heights, so I didn't volunteer for it, but we went to lend our support to those brave souls who, strapped into their harnesses, stepped out into the void, 5 storeys high, zoomed along the track to the beginning of the assault course and then climbed over obstacles, bridges, across cargo nets, balanced along beams and so on, to the end of the course. Some looked utterly terrified, others were more non-chalant, but the look most commonly seen was one of intense concentration. Everyone did extremely well, and I'm sure they raised a tidy sum of money for the school. My eldest now wants to do it, too, if the school ever organises it again, but only if I do it with her...

On this note, hope you had a fun Saturday, too, thanks for stopping by, and I'll be stopping by everybody's blogs tomorrow, as it's getting rather late now. Night, night :)

16 comments:

  1. Fab cards!! :)
    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! They're lovely! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards, love how you have coloured the stamped images

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are so fantastic cards. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Saturday - Thank you and Great cards too X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well worth the wait, these are gorgeous, I particularly love the Tilda cards, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards - you've been sooooo busy!
    I like the foil "string" it really catches the light

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful cards ,well done ,
    thanks for joining the challenge ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fabulous cards!! they are all so beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love the foil heart - such a nice idea! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore the foil heart, what a great idea to roll and shape the foil, I never thought of doing that! Your Tilda cards are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely cards, love how you have used the foil it looks great and is a fab idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great cards here. I love your scrunched foil 'string' and the way you've made the shape echo the one on the paper - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards. Great idea to roll the foil to make a shape.

    ReplyDelete