Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello, lovely people, how are you all? I hope everybody had a lovely Christmas and a good start to the New Year!
I know I've been the world's most awful blogger, somehow, I never really got into the groove last year. But I've started 2013 re-energised, with lots of inspiration for all sorts of things, in all areas of my life. I'm feeling excited! I don't know why, I don't usually experience this, but there it is :)

If you've come here before, you may have noticed a slight shift in crafty activity over the last year or so (well, in the few posts that there were...). My cardmaking has taken a bit of a back seat to woolly crafts, and for a while, jewellery making as well. I'm still making cards, just not as much. Instead, more time has been spent crocheting and knitting, and I even joined a knitting group! I go every fortnight, and it's a lovely, guilt-free morning, because the time is set aside for it especially and not snatched here or there, when I should really be doing something else...

And now there's another shift on the cards (oops - no pun intended!): on Saturday, I took delivery of a beautiful, bright orange album, with a big box of divided page protectors and tiny little box of journaling cards... 
 














Yes, I am attempting to undertake PROJECT LIFE! I've really been wanting to do a little more scrapbooking lately, and the concept of PL really appeals to me. Now, I don't have the best track record when it comes to staying power, but here's hoping :)  I really enjoyed putting together the title page and the spreads for the first two weeks - I'm caught up, yay!!

Here's my title page:




And here is the spread for the first week:


 
 
I'm having a lot of fun with this! :)  The only trouble is that I'm not used to taking a lot of pictures, and my kids aren't best pleased with having a camera pointed at them constantly ;-) Never mind!
I have even set up a wee station with my most commonly used supplies and I'm enjoying the colourfulness of it every time I look at it:
 
 
 
Well, so much for now, I'll be back with Week 2 very soon, thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. So nice to see you back Anne! WEll done taking on Project life, not sure I would be able to keep up (I am even hopeless with my December Daily) but I do plan on doing project 12, a monthly album!The rate we are running through January I better get cracking!
    Looking forward to seeing your knitting projects! I do get the urge to knit now and again but never seem to stay with it!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete